NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » LED Array kit - complete

November 02, 2011
by scottmc94

I finished my Nerdkit LED Array Kit. It was a lot of soldering, but a lot of fun. When the marquee was in "production" every time the wife touched it a wire would put out and we would lose a row or column, so I changed the breadboard out for a Modern Device Really Bare Bones Board RBBB pcb board. I really like them. Now my LED Array Kit is permanent.

Here's a video of it in action for Halloween. The quality is not great, but at the end you can see the RBB pcb board. youtube

Scott

November 02, 2011
by treymd

I like the looks of this one too: AtmegaXX8 Breakout

It has room for an additional 2 ICs and the pinouts for the AtmegaXX8 line are silkscreened on the board. If it had a 4 pin header for the UART it would be just about perfect.

November 02, 2011
by treymd

It has room for 2 14 DIP ICs, I should clarify.

November 02, 2011
by scottmc94

I looked at those, but they were bigger. I was wanting the smallest.

November 02, 2011
by Rick_S

Did you use some of my functions or did you make your own?? I noticed the up/down entry of text on the display. How did it go over?

Rick

November 02, 2011
by scottmc94

Crap.... I forgot to mention your code. Yes, I used yours. Just a couple small changes that I need to clean up and post.

November 02, 2011
by Rick_S

I didn't care that you didn't mention it, I just thought it's behavior looked familiar. Tongue in Cheek

Rick

November 05, 2011
by killercow

Hi Scott,

Have a look at this one designed by Starwarslegokid.

This is the thread and this is the board.

Nice work on the LED array. I haven't started mine yet, maybe over the Winter.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Kevin

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that reading a double floating point variable with scanf requires "%lf" for "long float"? Learn more...