NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Error running ./configure --build=`./config.guess` --host=avr

April 06, 2010
by CyberGod

I've downloaded avr-libc-1.6.8 for Linux and am trying to configure and make it. It error's out with the following error on RedHat Linux after few lines of running ./cofigure:

configure: error: Wrong C compiler found; check the PATH!

Any suggestions ?

April 06, 2010
by mcai8sh4

Whilst I'm not au-fait with redhat - what version is in the repos? (using 'yum install avr-libc' as root)

It looks like you might not have gcc (std c compiler) I know ubuntu uses a 'build essential' package containing all you need for compiling new stuff.

Sorry If this is no help - it's all I can think of ATM. If anything else comes to me, I'll get back to you.

-Steve

April 06, 2010
by CyberGod

avr-libc is not in the repo ( I am using CentOS which is the free version of RedHat EE) so I wget http://nongnu.askapache.com/avr-libc/avr-libc-1.6.8.tar.bz2 from the official site. I have gcc on that systems and I have compiled plenty of other software. Not exactly sure why it's saying Wrong C compiler found; check the PATH!

April 06, 2010
by mcai8sh4

I don't think I can be of much help - but it may be looking at the wrong compiler, have you checked what you've got in your path. It sounds a long shot to me, but worth 5 mins to check it out.

Please let us know how you get on, it may come in handy in the future.

Good luck.

(I'm sure there will be others round here that can help)

April 06, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi CyberGod,

I remember reading in the avr-libc instructions that if you have cc set to anything other than avr-gcc during configuration of avr-libc it will fail. Could that be issue?

Also avr-gcc and binutils must be installed with the proper avr target, to be able to compile avr-libc. Are you able to run avr-gcc at the moment? You might have to install those from source too if they are not in your repos.

I have never installed avr-libc from source myself, I am getting most of this from the avr-libc installation instructions page

Humberto

April 07, 2010
by CyberGod

I installed all the necessary components from source and that did it for me. Thanks for your help.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a flyback diode is important when driving a motor or any inductive load? Learn more...