NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » ATmega328P Upgrade

March 02, 2010
by Lazerman

I'm trying to upgrade to the ATmega328P and have followed the guide but keep running into the same problem. When I try to compile I get the following error

make -C ../libnerdkits make[1]: Entering directory Z:/NerdKit/NerdKits Sample Source Code/Code/libnerdkits' avr-gcc -g -Os -Wall ­mmcu=atmega328p -o delay.o -c delay.c avr-gcc: ­mmcu=atmega328p: No such file or directory make[1]: *** [delay.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directoryZ:/NerdKit/NerdKits Sample Source Code/Code/libnerdkits' make.exe: *** [test.hex] Error 2

March 02, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Lazerman,

This error means that avr-gcc was not able to find the files in libnerdkits. Are you sure the libnerdkits directory is in your Code folder, and that it contains delay.c,lcd.c, and uart.c? It might be a good idea to go in there and delete all the .o and .hex files, to make sure they are recompiled for the 328.

Humberto

March 03, 2010
by Lazerman

I tried it again, still no joy. I reverted back to the 168, deleted .hex & .o files and it works fine. I then switched back to the 328p and it worked fine. Go figure!

Thanks,

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build a digital read out (DRO) for a lathe or milling machine? Learn more...