NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Problem trying to download tempsensor.c to micro controller

February 26, 2010
by winterwolf

I used COM4 to download my first program (its alive! one) tried to download the tempsensor program with same COM and got this error

make

avrdude -c avr109 -p m168 -b 115200 -P COM3 -U flash:w:temsensor.hex:a

Connecting to programmer: . Found Programmer: Id = "É ""; type = 0 Software Version = .; Hardware Version = . avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but AVR910 device? make: *** [tempsensor-upload] Error 1

changed ports to COM3 and got the same error

can anyone help?

February 26, 2010
by winterwolf

problem solved. i took the temp sensor out before i downloaded the program worked fine :S

February 26, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi winterwolf,

That is a bit odd, the temperature sensor should not affect programming. My guess is that something was loose and in the process of removing things it wiggled into place. Just as a precaution though, you might want to double check your wiring to make sure it is all in the right place. Hope you are enjoying your NerdKit!

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a motor is harder to turn when its terminals are shorted together? Learn more...