NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Error when accessing Library

January 30, 2014
by bruin_jim

I'm getting an error when trying to access the library section. (http://www.nerdkits.com/library/) Figured you would want to know. :)

January 30, 2014
by Noter

The library has been unavailable since last April. So not only do they know, they don't care.

January 30, 2014
by Ralphxyz

You can get access to the library using Web Archive you have to search around using different dates but eventually you "should" find the entire Library.

It is a shame that Mike and Humberto have given up on this forum and the Library, and the Nerdkits store also.

I guess it is moving on but it seems strange.

Ralph

January 31, 2014
by Rick_S

What really gets me most about the whole thing is that they were SO involved with the forums and this group in the beginnings. They were always quick to return e-mails and quick to respond to peoples issues, especially if the issues were due to something on their end. I just don't understand why thy have completely cut communication with us. It's like they are afraid to have to communicate their reasons for abandonment. At least they haven't flipped the switch on the forums so I can still check in daily and see if anyone is talking about anything I am interested in. Although, I do anticipate the day when I go to check the forums and they are gone...

January 31, 2014
by Ralphxyz

I would bet that they were going broke with their support model (free unending).

I told them early on that that model would kill them.

I certainly can not figure out their logic seemed like they had a good product.

Of course they also should have expanded their store offerings.

It does seem as if they could have sold the Nerdkits line and made back some of their money.

I am also glad to check in daily.

Ralph

February 04, 2014
by Gert_O

You can find som of it here: http://www.nerdkits.com/accounts/downloads/ There is a link: NerdKits Sample Source Code

February 04, 2014
by Ralphxyz

Gert_o, thanks but that was never in the Library.

The Nerdkit guys never contributed to the Library, except for setting it up, it was all community driven.

Ralph

February 11, 2014
by escartiz

I tried searching the web archive but is hard to find the library posts. Most searches return empty and it takes for ever to find the good stuff. Ralph if you have found the entire library, I am thinking we should be making a backup in case they decide to kill the forums too or the entire site. In the worst scenario If Mike and Humberto are ok we could upload it aswell as the tutorials to a new server and continue our projects and learning from each other. It would really suck if one day this website no longer exist.

February 11, 2014
by Ralphxyz

escartiz, which archive did you use?

I have used the WayBackMachine.

I am able to find "most" of the Library.

You have to look at different dates.

Yes it would be a shame to lose this site, but again it is in the Archive for content but the help is what makes it so extraordinary.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that one NerdKits customer controlled a laser pointer with his computer using a microcontroller? Learn more...