NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » Lab Power Supply 30V 5amp

January 02, 2013
by dgikuljot

I found a well priced lab power supply and thought I would make a video review and share it with you guys. It is so much more convenient then having a bunch of wall warts :). This unit is the X-tronic 6080 I believe.

Lab Power Supply Video Review

January 03, 2013
by dgikuljot

Oh yeah I forgot to mention this power supply cost me around 80 dollars with a 1 year warranty.

January 03, 2013
by Noter

Looks like a good supply that you could build it for a lot less if you could find an old transformer somewhere. The other thing I prefer on a bench supply is multiple voltages available at the same time. Like 5v, 3.3v, and 12v at a minimum.

January 05, 2013
by dgikuljot

@ Noter Yes those common voltages automatically available would be nice. I guess what I really liked about this supply is that before I always had bunch of wall warts laying around and it creates such a mess. This is so much more convenient :). What's also nice is that when I am using the power supply I can automatically see how much current is being drawn by my circuit instead of hooking up a multimeter in series with the circuit.

January 05, 2013
by dgikuljot

@ Noter Yes those common voltages automatically available would be nice. I guess what I really liked about this supply is that before I always had bunch of wall warts laying around and it creates such a mess. This is so much more convenient :). What's also nice is that when I am using the power supply I can automatically see how much current is being drawn by my circuit instead of hooking up a multimeter in series with the circuit.

January 05, 2013
by Noter

Yep, it's definitely and improvement over a jungle of wall warts. By the way, nice job on the video and thanks for taking the time to share what you have learned.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can read diagnostic data from some cars with a NerdKit? Learn more...