NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » LED BLINK project hanging

December 28, 2012
by sthomas

Hi, I am trying to compile the Blink Led project but it is hanging at the step below and not proceeding further. I tried many new batteries, and checked all the connections also. I checked the makefile that the correct COM port is referred to. Any help will be appreciated. I did manage to get the other LCD projects etc to work without any problem on this same machine. Windows command prompt

December 28, 2012
by pcbolt

sthomas -

Usually the 3 things I check when the make process hangs at that point is 1) Check the programming switch on pin 14, 2) Check to make sure Windows did not re-assign the COM port for the USB/Serial cable and 3) Re-insert, jiggle inspect the 3 USB cable connections at the breadboard (ground, TX and RX). If you have a multimeter, check the power rails.All else fails, tear it apart and start from scratch.

December 29, 2012
by sthomas

Thanks pcbolt, you were right. The programming switch was not grounded.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that signed numbers need to be sign-extended when chaging variable sizes? Learn more...