NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Got my NK, still waiting for time to sit down with it...

July 06, 2012
by jamus34

I am an (unfortunately) failed electrical engineering student who still had a love of all things electrical however had not played around with circuits for the better part of 15 years. A broken dryer had me dragging out my multimeter for the first time in about a decade and made me realize how much I missed playing with circuits and electronics so a little while ago I purchased a NK.

While I have not had the time to really sit down with it in the past month (a newborn will do that to you) I am looking forward to finishing the first project and moving on to bigger and better things.

A side note though my refridgerator died last weekend and the handy dandy multimeter came in useful again. In time and about $40 of replacement parts I have managed to save myself a couple of hundred dollars (if I were to call a tech) or over a thousand dollars (if I just replaced the machines out of hand). While I may never make a living playing with circuits it is defintely a great skill to know.

July 06, 2012
by Ralphxyz

And pretty soon you be able to make up a dryer and refrigerator controller :-)

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits believes in the importance of a mixture of meaningful topics, clear instruction, and engaging projects? Learn more...