NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Magnetic Levitator?

February 10, 2012
by dvdsnyd

I have completed my Nerdkit and have posted on the forums a few times now, and I must say it has been great so far. I came basically come from zero microcontroller/electronics knowledge. Now I can't get enough of it. My long term goal is to build an altimeter for a model rocket. I peruse the Nerdkits site every now and again, and I was reading about the magnetic levitator that was college course project. The Nerdkits staff basically asked if there was any interest into this becoming a kit. I am wondering if this is going to be a kit anytime soon? I would definitely like to see it as an addition to the kit. It would be a great next step for anyone. I was also maybe looking at picking up the LED array kit soon. We'll see. Anyways, Please keep up the great work! I really hope to see more add-ons in the future. This is truly a great community!

David

February 13, 2012
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi David,

We have gotten a positive response about turning the magnetic levitator into a kit, and it is certainly still something we hope to do. The main issue with the mag lev project is that it is a hard. The math/physics require to understand what is going on is not quite something we are sure we can concisely explain in a single pdf. In time I think there will be some tutorials that we will put out that will lay some of the ground work that will then allow us build this project.

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a NerdKit can be used to build an iPhone-controlled R/C car? Learn more...