NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » End of college project

September 17, 2011
by thatguy

Hey guys...

I have to do a big project for my final year of college and I'm just looking for your opinions/ideas...

My idea is, I would like to be able to remotely control lighting/electronical items in my house remotely (i.e. from a mobile phone) I plan to communicate with the house via a web server (Apache) and use an Arduino mega 1280.

The idea is, I can remotely turn on/off plugs (eg someone left something on by accident, like a hair straightner) control the heating temperature in the house so on and so forth... anyone have any suggestions?

September 18, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Well, as you might have guessed, you probable should ask your question in an Arduino forum.

Not that we are snobs, some Arduino questions do get answered here, but this forum is certainly not Arduino oriented.

Your project idea does not sound very unique, I would be surprise that it would be excepted as a "final year" project.

But then again I barely got through high school so what do I know.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can connect a pushbutton to a microcontroller with only one wire? Learn more...