NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » PID Pressure Transducer - Stepper Motor Control Circuit

May 10, 2011
by gankoji

Hi folks! I am working on a project at work right now to create a closed loop control system where a stepper motor drives an adjustable pressure regulator according to the readout of a standard pressure transducer. So far I have managed to get bi-directional and speed control on a small stepper motor (just the first leg of the project!) using only the ATmega168 and four 2n7000 MOSFETs. I am looking to offset some of the control to a motor controller IC, and wondering if you folks have any advice. I purchased a USMC-01 IC from imagesco.com, but couldn't get it to drive the motor. I'll keep experimenting with it, but if anyone has a better idea I'm open to it. Thinking about incorporating an L287 to actually drive the windings, since it can handle the current. Using this in conjunction with the USMC-01 IC seems a little redundant to me, can it be used just with the ATmega168?

Thanks for your replies.

-JB

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can connect digital calipers to a microcontroller? Learn more...