NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » LED kit HELP!!!

April 06, 2011
by crambo

Ok, followed the directions...Line by line.

Everything up to the LED_TEST, including the test works fine.

I tried doing the led_edu, and my display when running serial.py gives output, but not scrolling, and seems to put the SENDING '..... ' to the array in a completely random pattern.

Thinking that the LED_TEMPLATE would work perfectly, I tried it. I behaves exactly the same way.

I must have it wired correctly, otherwise the LED_TEST wouldn;t work correctly? no?

nOOb with no apologies.

April 07, 2011
by crambo

Am I asking this in the wrong place?

running python-listener.py

echo "TEST" | nc localhost 6667

Yields on "T" scrolling across screen.

Have change time variable in python-listener.py, but makes no difference......

April 07, 2011
by Rick_S

You are in the right place, I would like to help if I could, but I'm not a python person. I programmed my LED display a while ago but never really sent stuff to it from the PC. There are others more familiar with python than I and I'm sure they'll pick up on this and help if they can.

Rick

April 07, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi crambo,

That is definitely a strange issue. If the LED_TEST works then your wiring is most likely correct. What do you get out of the LED_TEST?

Did you manage to print out static characters that you hard code into the program? What about non-scrolling characters sent from the computer?

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits make a great gift? Learn more...