NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » How to make a "Make File"

March 16, 2011
by 1nizboy

Hello, I am new to the programming world and so I started off with the tutorials in the Code Folder. After I had edited and completed all of those, I went online and found video tutorials and wrote down the code during the video. I then noticed a download link and found the program again but no make file. I would prefer to know how to make them rather than someone posting all of the make files.

Thank You, Stephen

PS: I tried to search for this topic in the forum because I am positive it has been discussed before, but since I could not find anything I decided to post this. I am sorry in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere, but if it has can you please post a link to it.

March 16, 2011
by Noter

Here is a link to the GNU 'Make' manual. Everything you ever wanted to know about make is in there.

http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html

March 17, 2011
by Ralphxyz

If you followed the NerdKits User Guide and made the projects page 68 (LED Blink) tells you how to make a Makefile.

Now if you really want your mind boggled with great information follow Noter's link or the one suggested in the User Guide.

The Makefile is amazingly powerful tool that can get very involved and complicated.

Personally I like just modifying the initialload Makefile, so far it has done evereything I have needed.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that SPDT stands for "Single Pole, Double Throw"? Learn more...