NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Even in Afghanistan

October 28, 2010
by rx13bre_tt

Thanks Mike and Humberto, I recieved my kit today, and I can't wait to get started! it's too bad that I can't get to most of the driver webpages cause the Internet blocks them, but I'll get em. this kit is exciting, you guys are awesome!

Evan Straub

October 28, 2010
by Ralphxyz

Hi Evan, welcome to the group!!

What drivers are you looking for? Members of the forum have websites that we could put the drivers on for you to download,

lets us know what you need.

Ralph

October 28, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Evan,

You should be able to find the drivers you need to gets started with the kit for download on our downloads section of the members area. Like Ralph said, let us know if there is anything you can't find that you need. I'm sure we can find a way to get it to you.

Humberto

October 28, 2010
by rx13bre_tt

Thanks for the support, I can get to the downloads page, but when I try and download it the good ole Army network blocks it, so I can't download it through this. I'll have to find a more civillian internet to try and download from.

Evan

October 29, 2010
by Rick_S

I'm making an assumption here, that you are US Military. I have a brother in the army who's served in Saudi in the 1st Gulf War and Iraq in the current war. I also have a brother in the Navy who's been to Iraq twice this war.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service for this country. I know the sacrifice you are making doing what you do. If you need any help in your electronic endeavors, there are many of us in these forums that will be happy to help out in any way we can.

Rick

October 29, 2010
by rx13bre_tt

Thank you Rick, I really appriciate it. yes I'm in the Army, and have been for almost 5 years, I've been to Iraq and I'm not trying out afghanistan. I'm wanting to get a Masters in Electrical engineering, and get a good job when I get out so I figured I'd get started early and buy the kit. That's really cool about your brothers, I always have big props for any Vets. Thanks again for your support.

Evan

October 29, 2010
by Ralphxyz

Evan, try (editor's note: link removed) for file download.

_extension_change.txt shows the changes to the file extensions.

Ralph

October 29, 2010
by Rick_S

Ralph, I know you want to help, but you might want to pull those files. ESPECIALLY the ones that are NK owner exclusive... Like the guide. EVERYONE in the world has access the the forums and I would assume the download site you listed as well. I would hate to see the hard work of Humberto and Mike become public domain.

I hope you see this soon.... :(

Rick

October 29, 2010
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi all,

I've removed the link from Ralph's message for the moment re: the guide. The extension-changing idea was a good idea and might just work, though -- thanks Ralph! And Evan was e-mailed your link by the forum already. In any case, I suspect that PDFs were fine and only ZIP and EXE files are restricted over the Army network.

Evan, if you still are having trouble, send us an e-mail -- if all else fails, we can burn a CD and mail it to you!

Mike

October 30, 2010
by rx13bre_tt

Thanks Gentlemen, And Mike is right the PDF works fine it's the exe and ZIP files... the Army doesn't like them. I haven't tried to download the stuff on a civillian computer yet, hopefully tomorrow I'll get around to it. Thanks again

Evan

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a thermometer can be made "faster" by using a bit of math? Learn more...