NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » AVATARS have been added!

October 13, 2010
by Rick_S

I just noticed, you added avatar ability... Once my profile updates, everyone will get to see my wonderful ugly old face!!! :D

Rick

October 13, 2010
by Rick_S

Apparently they work well... I get to scare everyone just in time for haloween!! :D

October 13, 2010
by mongo

Yeah... I found it apparently right after it was enabled. So I put my scary mug on it.

October 13, 2010
by Ralphxyz

Damm, how often do you (both of you) check the "members" page to see that things have been added?

I never would have seen this.

Ralph

October 13, 2010
by Rick_S

Well, I check the forum every morning when I get up (around 5am CDT). Today I noticed the blank avatars at each post. I also saw Humberto had a real avatar.. So I went looking. I figured avatars would be added at the profile page and boom, I setup my avatar and was up and running... I might have been the 1st right after Humberto. :D

Rick

October 13, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

I think Mike was the first one, since he was the one working on this bit of functionality, but you were a very close third Rick =).

We made your individual avatar on each of your own forums posts a link to your profile page, we figured most people would try to click on their picture to set it, and find the Gravatar instructions on the profile page that way.

For those who wandered onto this post curious about setting your avatar on the forums head on over to your Profile Settings to set up your avatar.

Humberto

October 14, 2010
by Rick_S

I hadn't seen one of Mikes posts... so I didn't know :D

Step by step, you guys are turning the forum into a more robust setup!

Before we know it, we'll have sticky's, edit abilities, etc...

Keep up the great work!!!

Rick

October 15, 2010
by mongo

I check in daily. Some times more often, depends on how bored I get with other stuff.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that two resistors plus a transistor can be used to make a better voltage supply? Learn more...