NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Initialload Help Please!!

September 08, 2010
by zrouse

I am having trouble with loading the initial load. I don't know why I am having this trouble, it might be something very minor, I hope. Basically in the cmd prompt I have

C:Documents and settings... initialload>make

make - C../libnerdkits

make: *** .. /libnerdkits: No such file or directory. Stop.

make: *** [initialload.hex] Error 2

I Don't know what the error 2 is referring to. I have installed and reinstalled the programs multiple times, no luck yet.

Any help will be appreciated, I am new and trying to learn the steps so i can get rolling. Thanks

September 09, 2010
by Rick_S

Is your inititalload folder inside the code folder with all the other samples?

This structure is important because the makefile looks to find the libnerdkits folder in a specific location. It appears from the errors that it cannot find the libnerdkits folder and as a result, cannot add the libraries needed to the initialload file to create the hex.

If you didn't do it already, when you download the code folder, keep it intact and you shouldn't see this error.

If you did keep the folder structure, grab a screen shot of what happened and that will help a lot in the diagnosis.

Welcome aboard!

Rick

September 09, 2010
by zrouse

Thanks Rick I had just moved the initialload file to the desktop instead of moving the whole code folder

September 09, 2010
by Rick_S

No problem, any more questions just ask... There's almost always someone around to help out.

Rick

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that binary numbers use base 2 to represent numbers, and these are important for understanding microcontroller registers? Learn more...