NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Ledarray_test Error

August 31, 2010
by DrPancake

Hello,

I usually do not have to post on the forums because I can usually find the answers by searching. Although I have been looking for a while and cannot find a solution to my problem.

Just set up my LED array. Double checked my connections (although I;m sure it is very likely i connected something wrong still knowing me D:) but am still having the same problem when doing the first Led_array test when trying to upload it.

the cmd reads it and i get the Reading | ####### |100%

then this

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA168 is 1E 94 06 Double check chip, or use -F to override this check

avrdude done. Thank you.

make: *** [ledarray-upload] Error 1

Thanks, Brett

August 31, 2010
by Ralphxyz

Search the Nerdkit forum for "Double check chip".

I had a similar question and my answer was to use 168p not 168.

The -F sytax is like this "AVRDUDEFLAGS=-c dapa -p m168p -F" (no quotes) if you need to override the signature check.

Ralph

August 31, 2010
by DrPancake

Worked like a charm, appreciate it!!!

Thanks again, Brett

August 31, 2010
by DrPancake

actually just for anyone else that has had this problem, changing it to 168p did not work but adding the -F function worked fine. So you can try that also.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can turn a $20 digital scale into a live weight sensor using our kit with a few extra parts? Learn more...