NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » POV Binary watch plus temp sensor idea - Need input

August 25, 2010
by Solorbob

A few questions for the forum. I’m working on a Binary POV watch and/or desk clock. All works fine using the provided oscillator and wall wart for power, but for my watch mode, I’m going to get a 32k oscillator and be running from a 3.7v single cell lipo battery. I know that my code will need to change to support the different voltage and oscillator, but anyone see any problems doing this?

Here’s what I have so far.
I have 2 switches for mode and enter going to PD0 and PD1. I have 4 hour LEDs plus 1 mode LED hooked up to PB1 - PB5. I have 6 minute LEDs hooked up to PC0 – PC6.

Upgrade idea. … I was talking to a buddy at work, and we thought it would be a neat idea to have the temp sensor on the watch to get the ambient air temp and have it displayed in binary. I started looking, and I will need to move my hour and minutes LEDs to other pins to allow for PC0 do the analog to digital conversion. I looked over the temp sensor code to see if it looks possible, and I think it does from my noob point of view. I will pose the question to the forum members to see if this is indeed doable or a potential pitfall.

August 25, 2010
by Solorbob

Here is a Youtube video of my progress so far.

POV Watch WIP

Shawn

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can generate hundreds of volts AC from your microcontroller with a little bit of circuitry? Learn more...