NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » wire terminal

August 11, 2010
by kle8309
kle8309's Avatar

Can someone please tell me what is the name of the device that clip on the metal terminal pieces for these wires (see picture) wires image thanks

August 11, 2010
by mongo
mongo's Avatar

That would be the connector body or plug body. The ends connected to the wires would be the contacts. It appears to be a standard .1" spacing to possibly fit a pin header, which is basically a row of equally spaced pins either directly attached to a PC board or the end of a cable. Some may or may not have a plastic body that is keyed to prevent incorrect connections.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that spinning a permanent magnet motor makes a voltage? Learn more...