NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Procyon AVRlib

May 20, 2009
by wayward

Just a quick heads-up for other newbies like me: Pascal Stang has written a library for AVR microprocessors, Procyon AVRlib. It hasn't been updated since some mid-2006, but a quick look through the code shows that this guy knew what he was doing. The code is well-written, organized, and GPLed. It provides software emulation of some devices your AVR might not have (ATmega168 doesn't have the Intel memory bus -- which is what I was after), there's a simple networking stack, IDE/ATA interface, MMC/SD, GPS, servo, LCD drivers and other whatnots. Hopefully it will be of some help to at least a few people on here.

Zoran

March 15, 2011
by kle8309

so far all the links are broken

March 15, 2011
by kle8309

This is the only one left i think

d-tools.cvs.sourceforge.net

March 16, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Thanks kle8309 for the active link. I got it and unzipped it. It makes a AVRlib folder.

Now what do I do with it. I am not a very advanced programmer in fact I have never assembled a

project using anything but the default tools but this really looks interesting from waywards's description.

Thanks again,

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build a digital read out (DRO) for a lathe or milling machine? Learn more...