NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » Maker Faire 2010 - San Francisco Bay Area

May 20, 2010
by Phrank916

Anyone going this weekend? I'll be there, my wife surprised me with tickets for my birthday. It should be good fun! If you're anywhere near San Francisco, CA this weekend you should check it out!

Maker Faire

May 26, 2010
by Phrank916

The Maker Faire was AWESOME! Nerdkits needs to have a booth there next year and I will volunteer to work it if needed!!

I walked around representing though with my little pocket LED array attached to the back of my backpack and it was scrolling this message:

"Maker Faire 2010 --- nerdkits.com"

It was hard to see outside in the bright sunlight but I had a ton of people looking at it when I was in the darkened Fiesta Hall, where they had all of the other "light-based" displays and products.

Seriously a fun time though. I did an SMD soldering class with my wife and she actually did better than I did. I accidentally fried a pad and had to jumper two components to get my little "Simon" game to work.

There's one coming up in Detroit and the World Maker Faire is in New York. If you aren't on the west coast then I definitely encourage attending one of the others. It was really awesome, so much to see and too little time. It could literally run for 4-5 days instead of just two.

Ted

May 26, 2010
by Phrank916

I'll try and get a couple photos posted if I get a chance later.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that hobby servos are controlled through a particular kind of PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal? Learn more...