NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » avrisp mkii circuit

May 08, 2010
by dttb

Can anyone give me a circuit diagram for interfacing the avrisp mkii with atmega168 such that I can program the nerdkits foodloader onto it. Also what code do I have to change if I want a default system clock of 8MHz instead of 14.7MHz? I don't have 2 crystal oscillators at my disposal. Thanks.

May 09, 2010
by BobaMosfet

dttb-

You can get a schematic and ENTIRE other kit (all new parts), from this seller on ebay. (Just look for item #160433108364). He runs one listing a month. I bought 2 from him last month.

Has code, parts and all. All you have to supply is a power-source (like a battery or USB 5V+), and the WinAVR and AVRisp MkII.

His price is FANTASTIC.

BM

May 09, 2010
by BobaMosfet

One other thing, because it comes with another 14Mhz crystal, I am able to program my ATMEGA168 chips at 2MBit. No waiting, it's practically instantaneous.

BM

May 09, 2010
by BobaMosfet

All-

Did anyone else ask this guy about his price? I did (because it was lower when I ordered before). Apparently he mistyped it and has corrected it to the new, lower value.

Just FYI to anyone interested.

BM

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can input numbers in binary via a DIP switch, and output them to the LCD? Learn more...