NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Windows Vista First Time Compilation PLEASE HELP!!!!

May 08, 2009
by dylanjkj1997

Hi. I just got my nerdkit yesterday. I did everything that the guide told me to do and I got up to compiling a program. I know that I have to compile the make file by going into the command prompt window, find it, and type in "make", but the problem is when I type in cd<desktop it says access is denied. When I make any similar comand, it always says "access denied" Please help me! Thanks!

May 08, 2009
by dylanjkj1997

I just figured it out, but now I have another problem. I changed the make file and com port, I have it plugged in, but when I type make in the command line in the folder, it gives me an error. what exactly do I type? just make? Or make Makefile? I'm sort of confused...

May 08, 2009
by brian

You should be able to just type make and press enter. Can you post the error you are getting?

May 08, 2009
by n3ueaEMTP

I changed part of my program today & tried to compile it and it gave me an error as well. As soon as I reverted back to the previous version, it started compiling again. All I added was a variable & one computation. Not sure why it didn't work. Could that be part of the problem?

May 08, 2009
by dylanjkj1997

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/15/94/38879415/photos/IMP/IMPORTANTE.png Here is the message.

I tried to download the initialload program.

May 09, 2009
by brian

You need to bring in the whole code directory to where you are making your modifications. The reason it won't compile is because you need to have the files from the directory "libnerdkits" one level above where your code is located.

May 09, 2009
by dylanjkj1997

Thanks brian, I got it working!

December 27, 2010
by torrez_s

How did you solve the first problem..."Access is denied" in the command prompt window. I have Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks

December 27, 2010
by isloera

How did you solve the first problem..."Access is denied" in the command prompt window. I have Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks

I'm using Windows 7 now, but I think this will work on vista.

go to Start -> accessories -> Command Prompt

or do a search for "Command Prompt" there in the start.

Now don't open it yet just right click "Command Prompt" and click on "Run as administrator" and that should let you do what you want.

December 27, 2010
by torrez_s

Running as Admin didn't work, I am still getting "Access is Denied". Is there a security setting I need to change somewhere? Please help. thanks

December 27, 2010
by torrez_s

I just read another post and my error was typing "<" after the cd command. Silly mistake. Thanks for your help.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can input numbers in binary via a DIP switch, and output them to the LCD? Learn more...