NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Peer to peer messaging

March 01, 2010
by mongo

Just a thought...

Some times, more specific info might be needed between two members that may otherwise clog up the forums with hijacked threads and such.

Would it be feasible for some type of peer to peer messaging where specific questions and answers could be relayed?

The thought occurred to me after seeing similar features on shareholders websites like Investor Village, etc.

March 01, 2010
by pbfy0

well, there is the irc channel at IRC channel #nerdkits

March 02, 2010
by mongo

I'll check it out and see if that is what I was getting at. If so, cool!

March 02, 2010
by pbfy0

oops, there's a typo in the link I think, this is the correct link.

March 03, 2010
by mcai8sh4

Hi Mongo, the IRC chanel is a good way to communicate on a real time basis with other members. I have seen a few projects being worked on by a couple of members together. In fact I have learnt alot from others there, as well as enjoying general chat.

The only issue with the IRC channel is, whilst there always seems to be people there, we don't always pay attention, so if your question/comment/greeting goes unanswered, don't take offence. Eventually someone will look and try to help.

The other problem, is you can learn alot from working together on some code/concepts, but then the information learnt is not shared with the rest of the community. So if you (or anyone) does want to drop into the IRC channel, have a chat, discuss ideas, whatever, then please try to post a quick overview to the forums if you think it may benefit others.

I look forward to seeing some new faces(?) in there.

Take care, Steve

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that negative numbers are represented in two's complement notation in binary? Learn more...