NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » IPhone RC

January 04, 2010
by unclegimoah

Having some trouble locating the Makefile for the remote control car via the iphone - can someone point me in the right direction. I have tried making my own Makefile but cannot get it working.

January 04, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

Your in the right direction. Use the initialload makefile. The short way is to put the code and the copy of initialload in a folder and rename the Iphone .c code to initialload. Or just edit the makefile to say Iphone.

January 05, 2010
by unclegimoah

Thanks Farmer Joe got further using the method you stated getting the following error though - prob something straigh forward?

Connecting to programmer: . Found programmer: Id = "Huh? Go"; type = ' Software Version = t. ; Hardware Version = '.S avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device? make: *** [initialload-upload] Error 1

January 05, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

There's lot's to say about the error your getting, that's the problem too much.

My own "personal" error with the avr910 device was the programmer. It could be something else but most times it's the programmer.

Email support and they will send you some tests.

January 05, 2010
by Rick_S

unclegimoah, that error simply means AVRdude cannot communicate with your mcu. There can be several conditions that cause this.

The 1st step is to make sure you have configured your makefile correctly for the location of your serial port. Make sure to change the /dev/ttyUSB0 to the COM port you are using -- COM1 for example If that is where Windows assigned it.

Once you've done that, make sure that the power to your chip is good, make sure the switch at pin14 is on (connecting ground to pin14), then disconnect/reconnect your power.

At that point, try programming again.

Most of the time this type of error is caused by either something getting accidentally overlooked, a bad connection somewhere, or a weak battery. Though as Farmer knows, hardware failures do occur as well. :)

Rick

January 05, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi unclegimoah,

This particular error: 'Found programmer: Id = "Huh?' Indicates that your MCU is not in programming mode. Following Rick_S suggestion, make sure that pin 14 is grounded, then resetting the power should boot your MCU into programming mode, and that should take care of your error.

Humberto

January 06, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

Can you inform me with the results. I sent mine back. two boards and two pin14's grounded, direct to the serial port.

February 17, 2010
by kingceasar

whenever I type in my (ip address and extension /car.php) my iphone gives me the message "Safari cannot connect because servr stopped responding". what is the problem?

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can make a spooky Halloween Jack-O-Lantern with a microcontroller? Learn more...