NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Rick, your code?

January 02, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

Hi Rick,

You'll be probably happy I got my array working finally. If you remember my previous videos I had a yellow,orange,green,blue and red array. Never did work, I replaced all the leds and it's actually working the way it should for the first time. Have a look at the pic but I think the software is acting up again. thx.rick.c

January 03, 2010
by Rick_S

I'm trying to understand what I'm looking at in the flickr photo. It appears you are trying to compile the initialload file and getting a bunch of errors???

If that is the initialload.c file you are trying to compile, send me a copy of the file so I can look at it. You can send it to me at:

rdces <at> live <dot> com

I'll look at it to see if I can see what is going on.

Also, I didn't see the pic of your working display. I'm VERY exited to hear it is working though. That's a huge step!!

Rick

January 03, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

Hi Rick,

That's the initialload makefile. I use the short cut method, I copied your code from here put it in a folder with a initialload makefile and rename the rick.c to initialload. Saves having to edit the makefile itself.

You want to see a pic of my array? You'll just have to trust me, it works but it aint pretty. It looked better before it was replaced.

January 03, 2010
by Rick_S

Grant, I do trust you, I just thought I may have missed something, because in your post it sounded as if you were trying to show it to me when you said "its working the way it should for the first time. Have a look at the pic"

Which code of mine did you try to complile? Did I ever post a complete file?? Or are you taking some of the code snippets and trying them out??

Let me know which code you are trying and I'll see if I can figure out where the errors are coming from.

Rick

January 03, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

Hi, I used this code with a initialload makefile. I just tried some different code with the same error. So I got gcc problems again it seems. http://www.nerdkits.com/forum/thread/323/

January 04, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

How's this for a headline. The "Rickarray" invades Canada!! Mass hysteria, and mayhem erupts as people trample themselves to get a copy. And I'm sittin here laughin, thinkin that it's dam good thing, to have contacts like, the man :D Successes! a wonderful thing!

joebit alias farmerjoe

January 04, 2010
by Rick_S

I take it that means it works!! I'm at work so I can't check my e-mail. If so, I'm very happy to hear that!!

You just made my day a bit better with that news!

Rick

January 14, 2010
by Farmerjoecoledge

Hi Rick,

Here's that pic except for, it's a vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHxdbTEW1-4 I'm getting some success lately, this is the first scrolling code I've had the pleasure to watch. Next, the moon.

Grant

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that multiple microcontrollers can communicate with each other? Learn more...