NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Forum Access for the masses!

April 15, 2009
by mcai8sh4

I notice that non-members can access the forums, I think this is a good idea as it means potential buyers can see the testimonials, and get a feel for the quality of the support, and the friendliness of the community. It also gives more ideas for uses of the Nerdkit! All this is good.

My only thought is for non-members to see the forums, they have to click through the 'Members' page. Perhaps there should be a link either direct in the menu bar at the top, or just a standard link within the text on the other pages.

If this already exist, and I've missed it, ignore me, if you've thought about this and reasoned against, fair enough. It was just a quick thought.

Would there be any benefit in having a section that only members can access? I can't think of any reason... but I haven't really thought about it.

That is all.

April 15, 2009
by FWSquatch

I can see some reasoning to have the downloads section as a members only section. The PDF of the Nerdkits book is one of the things you buy when you buy a Nerdkit. Allowing the members an easy way to download updates to the book is a great way to let the early adopters in on the new things you add to the kit. I like the idea of having an open forum, though. I'm sure there are people out there who could add some great things to the forum that haven't necessarily bought a Nerdkit yet.

April 15, 2009
by mcai8sh4

The forum is read only for non members, so they can't contribute. But good point!

April 16, 2009
by ranger

Maybe change the menu to have "forum" and "members"? I know it's a little crowded up there already, but "store" could probably be merged under "kits", and maybe put "projects" under "tutorials (or vice versa).

Just my $0.02. It works fine how it is, but there's always room for improvement.

April 17, 2009
by lcruz007

That's a good point, it's always a good idea of having an easy way to access the forums or any other page of interest for the users. It's just a matter of time, I'm pretty sure more improvements will come eventually to the forums and to the site itself. The forums are great the way they are for a start though. :)

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that multiple MOSFETs can be used in parallel to switch bigger currents on and off? Learn more...