NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Replacement LCD

September 19, 2015
by jlaskowski

I purchased a replacement LCD, in fact via the Sparkfun link provided in a previous post (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/256). I just want to add that it is wired up the same as the one that came with the Nerdkit.

It doesn't have the 16 pin connector like the Nerdkit one has soldered to it, so I'm trying to find out. I'm having difficulty finding a through-hole, 16 pin, .1" pitch, right-angle header. Pololu's connectors only go up to 12 pins, and Digikey's results don't have any photos, which I need to be sure I'm getting what I want.

If anyone knows where I can get one, please respond.

September 19, 2015
by scootergarrett

I bough a bunch of these 1x40 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Straight Single Row PCB Female Pin Headers and cut them to size. There not right angle, so I just lay the header accross the holes (not through) and solder them in place. I have pleanty I wouldn't mind mailing some.

September 19, 2015
by jlaskowski

I appreciate the response. If I can't get any 1x16s, I'll just get 2 1x8s from Pololu. I'm hoping someone has an idea of where to get the 1x16s.

September 20, 2015
by edSky

I've found the folks at jameco.com to be very helpful. I explain things in my own way and they figure out what they heck I'm talking about. I'm sure they can find us those connectors. I already bought 4 LCDs from them and could use them as well. Jameco Customer Care 1-800-831-4242

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that one NerdKits customer discovered that his hamster ran several miles in a night using his kit and a Hall-effect sensor? Learn more...