NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » Miniature headers

December 31, 2013
by Ralphxyz

I have a AT90USBKEY2 Atmel development board.

The PCB has miniature header pinouts, well I am not sure what you actually call them.

The top three and bottom three headers to the left are smaller that the standard header on the top right.

I have no idea of the spacing for the pins or the what solder header would be called!

Anyone know what I need to put some headers on and than what wire connector headers?

Ralph

December 31, 2013
by Rick_S

According to ATMEL DOC7627.PDF AT90USBKey Hardware User Guide Page 19, they are 1.27mm (.05") spaced header connectors, but looking at the board photo, it seems while they may have a .05" space length wise, they have .1" width wise. If you line up a double row header you have, does it hit every other hole length wise and fit width wise?

December 31, 2013
by Ralphxyz

Hi Rick, Happy New Year!!!

re: "does it hit every other hole length wise and fit width wise?"

Yes exactly

I had seen that 1.27 reference on the schematic but was not sure what it was referencing.

Now I see it listed in the Bill of Material.

Once again you are a life saver.

Thanks,

Ralph

December 31, 2013
by Ralphxyz

What would you use for wiring a 1.27 header?

Ralph

December 31, 2013
by Rick_S

I'd have to research more, a quick look at Mouser and I didn't see any connectors with that layout. Most were .05 x .05 (1.27 x 1.27).

If I couldn't find the right connectors, I'd probably solder wires.

January 01, 2014
by Ralphxyz

Molex has the 1.27 Custom board Headers.

But no reference to wiring headers.

Strange.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that spinning a permanent magnet motor makes a voltage? Learn more...