NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » OLED

October 28, 2013
by esoderberg

Found an OLED display jameco that can almost be dropped in place of a standard LCD (changed about 4 lines of code for the init sequence) on the Nerdkit. It's a little pricey ($30) so I won't be using it for most projects, but for those cases when easy readability in a variety of lighting conditions matters, this is a nice option. It runs on 3V or 5V equally well.

Gouge for the init: OLED_functions

OLED

October 29, 2013
by Rick_S

I saw those pop up on sparkfun as well, though sparkfun wanted $35 for one. I like the blue display as well. In the photo's they look to have great contrast. Is that the case in real life?

October 29, 2013
by BobaMosfet

You paid more than twice what I would have charged you for the part. I've had enough of people getting robbed or having problems sourcing parts, in light of the NK essentially being abandoned by the founders.

I've put a post up, in 'Everything Else'.

BM

October 29, 2013
by esoderberg

Rick,

The contrast is outstanding.

BM,

At half price, I'd probably put these displays in more of my projects. Hope you get some good feedback from rest of NK community on your site.

Eric

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a thermometer can be made "faster" by using a bit of math? Learn more...