NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » tempsensor

June 03, 2013
by rolf

Thanks to Noter's suggestion that I add code to the led_blink program in order to get 5V out on the relevant pin, my led blink project is successfully completed. But I can't get tempsensor to produce a readout on the LCD. The sensor is correctly wired, the LCD works fine, and the program compiles without difficulty. Does this program also need modification? I'm not using the walk through version in the guide-just the untampered with tempsensor program as it downloads from the website.

June 03, 2013
by pcbolt

rolf -

One of the two versions of "tempsensor.c" needs to be modified (the one located in the "tempsensor_edu" directory I think). The other "should" compile as is. If your temperature sensing chip isn't working or the A/D converter isn't working you should still see a message on the LCD saying something like "ADC: 0 of 1024 Temperature 0 deg F"

June 03, 2013
by rolf

I rewired the LCD and tempsensor now works. Thanks again for your support. Rolf

June 03, 2013
by Ralphxyz

I rewired the LCD and tempsensor now works.

Been there done that!!

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that sound travels via pressure waves in the air, and you can make these with a piezoelectric buzzer? Learn more...