NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Error on trying to load initialload

May 30, 2013
by rolf

I get the following error message when I try to upload initialload: avrdude: error: buffered memory not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly//AVR109 but a AVR 910 device? make: *** [initialload-upload] Error 1 Initialload uploaded fine the first time I tried it. I then got this error messsage when I tried to install tempsensor. So I tried to reinstall initialload and I now get the same error message for it and tempsensor.

May 30, 2013
by Ralphxyz

Search the Nerdkits forum for "isn't butterfly" to see lots of discussions and solutions.

If Search works for you, currently Search is telling me I have to enable JavaScript, which I have enabled in Chrome.

Ralph

May 30, 2013
by rolf

Thanks much. In my haste, I overlooked the "support" section of the Forum. It contains many suggestions. Rolf

May 30, 2013
by pcbolt

Ralph -

I think the apostrophe is throwing the search off. Searching for "butterfly" or "butterfly error" seems to work.

Of course it WOULD have been nice just to refer rolf to the library :-(

May 31, 2013
by Ralphxyz

Thanks pcbolt, I was able to search butterfly!!

I doubt the library will ever be restored. Too bad I used it often.

Of course like I have said Huberto and Mike were never big fans of the Library, I kind of shamed them into implementing it in the first place.

There are lots of programing examples on the web but I found the Library articles unique plus having a consolidated "Library" under our control was a nice addition to the community.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a motor is harder to turn when its terminals are shorted together? Learn more...