NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » creating make file

March 12, 2013
by Crystalk21

I'm having an issue trying to run the makefile in the command line. When ever I run it, it states that makefile is not found, but It's been created already. I don't this for a senior project and I need help.

March 12, 2013
by Ralphxyz

You are on the wrong path!!

A screen shot of your command line with the error might help.

But if you know the makefile is there (somewhere) but the compile is saying it is not found then obviously it is lookiing in the wrong place or the Makefile is in the wrong place.

Ralph

March 13, 2013
by lnino

Did you try to go to the folder where your makefile is(with command line) and enter make? If the makefile is present it should work. As Ralph said a screenshot of the error might help.

March 13, 2013
by Crystalk21

My laptop want let me print screen.

March 13, 2013
by Ralphxyz

Yes it will, google print screen for your OS.

Ralph

March 16, 2013
by Crystalk21

The make file downloaded into the notepad. I downloaded programmer's notepad and it doesn't have a make button or a run button. Any suggustions on how to fix this issue?

March 17, 2013
by Ralphxyz

I downloaded programmer's notepad and it doesn't have a make button or a run button.

No but it does have a Menu bar.

Ralph

March 17, 2013
by Rick_S

Ralph, thank you. Your snide remark literally made me laugh out loud. As for the issues you are having Crystalk21, if you want help, you will have to post screen shots, copies of your files or something more than you are. It's very difficult to diagnose problems without more info.

Rick

March 17, 2013
by Ralphxyz

I know I should have said "Yes but ..."

Ralph

March 18, 2013
by Ralphxyz

Crystalk21, I was not trying to be snide, sorry if it came across that way, I was actually trying to be helpful.

I hope you got Programmers Notepad to make your project. If not let us know.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that Morse code is a compact way to transmit human-readable text over binary channels? Learn more...