NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Weighscale project - Nerdkit has taken over my mouse

January 13, 2013
by AndrewP

Hey all,

I'm trying to replicate the weigh scale project and I'm running into some difficulties. I believe the Python program is running correctly and the microcontroller was programmed properly.

However, when I unplug the USB serial cable, switch from "program" to "run" mode, and plug it back in, my wireless mouse stops working and my cursor keeps darting to the lower left hand corner of the screen. The pygame program doesn't do anything, staying at 0.0 Current and 0.0 Peak. I then unplug the USB serial cable and my mouse still doesn't work properly until I log out of Windows and log back in.

When the board is powered up, my multimeter reads 2.2V at PD3, 2.6V at PD4, and 4V at PC0 (which doesn't seem to change when I apply pressure to the Wheatstone bridge).

Pictures of my set up:

http://imgur.com/v8ynU,uXaIy#0

What is going on here? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Andrew

January 13, 2013
by AndrewP

Also, I'm running 32-bit Python on 64-bit Windows 7.

January 14, 2013
by mongo

Sounds like a port or com conflict.

January 14, 2013
by AndrewP

I figured it was something like that, but why would it work in programming mode? And then take over mouse control in "run" mode?

Any idea how to fix it or further investigate?

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that any circuit of voltage sources and resistors can be simplified to a "Thevenin" equivalent circuit? Learn more...