NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » So excited!!

August 09, 2012
by Medic8388

Last night I turned on a 12v motor from the tempsensor program using a MOSFET, not the most challenging thing to do but for the first time I understood why it worked. I suspect it gets a lot more fun from here!

August 09, 2012
by bretm

That's cool. I never got into controlling motors with it.

Now put a fan on the motor, point it at the temperature sensor, and put a tray of ice behind the fan. Put your finger on the sensor to heat it up and trigger the fan to pull cold air over the sensor to cool it off and turn off the fan! A thermodynamic version of the most useless machine.

August 10, 2012
by Ralphxyz

Medic8388, the tempsensor program is for input turning on a 12 volt motor is output care to share a little of what you did?

Sounds interesting.

Ralph

August 10, 2012
by Medic8388

My ultimate goal is to create a system that will monitor all of my reptile habitats and keep each one maintained the set parameters. I hope to be able to put this together within a year or so. What I did is pretty simple. I just added an if statement to the existing loop of the program that just evaluates average temp and if its > 85 (arbitrary at this point) set pc0 (I think, im sending this from my phone) to high. On a seperate breadboard I have a MOSFET set up with 12v. From the 12v on that board I connect my voltage regulator to power thw MCU with. PIN0 on the MCU controls the gate on the MOSFET.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build an analog amplifier with one transistor and a few resistors? Learn more...