NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » Stepper Motor L298N/L297N controller

July 17, 2012
by Ralphxyz

Hey Rick did you find your L298N/L297N Stepper Motor Controller code?

I have my L298N controller working dependable, I still have to do direction and speed but at least it works with hardcoded speed and direction.

I just received my L297N chips to go with the L298N controller.

It will be fun to have a single pin for direction and using PWM for speed.

I'd like to see your code of course to save me some time.

Ralph

July 17, 2012
by Rick_S

I just looked again, I have no idea what happened to it. The only thing I can think of is that it was on an old computer I was using for a while to program with and that computer is currently out of service. Did you get the .5 ohm current sensing resistors or were you going to run w/o them? I didn't have them, but I don't remember if I ran w/o or if I put some resistors in parallel to get .5 ohm. Too many days have gone by... Plain Smiley

Sorry not to be of more help. BTW, if you still have my personal email address, send me your current mailing address. I have something I want to send you and I can't seem to find your mailing address either. I'm beginning to suspect gremlins LOL

Rick

July 18, 2012
by Ralphxyz

I haven't even thought about how I am going to use the L297N.

It seems like the current sensing would be cool, that sort of fits with the prior conversation about spindle feed back.

I have some SMD (surface mount device) .5 ohm resistors maybe I can solder some wires to them and be able to use them on a breadboard or proto board.

I'll have to boot up my Mac to get your email adddress, I am now using Ubuntu 12.04, so far so good.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits believes in the importance of a mixture of meaningful topics, clear instruction, and engaging projects? Learn more...