NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Trouble with make

July 14, 2012
by cmoller

Hi, I have just received my USB Nerd Kit. I was able to set up the breadboard as described. The pre-loaded program executed, suggesting all is well. I then attempted to compile the Makefile in the initialload folder. The compile failed with:

make -C ../libnerdkits

make: *** ../libnerdkits: No such file or directory. Stop

make: *** [initialload.hex] Error 2

I am running Windows 7. I installed the WinAVR without incident. The USB is on COM2. I changed the Makefile on the appropriate line to read COM2 although I was not sure from the instructions if quote marks should be around COM2. Also I can not find the directory libnerdkits which it looks like the compiler wants. Perhaps I need to make other changes in the Makefile??

I am a complete beginner and have certainly missed something.

If there are suggestions I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Chris

July 15, 2012
by Ralphxyz

make: *** ../libnerdkits: No such file or directory. Stop

Tells you exactly what the problem is!!

"NO such FILE OR DIRECTORY"

You do not have the correct path setup for your file.

If you just unzip the Nerdkit download with out thinking or changing anything it will usually just work for you. But if you think about what you are doing and add your own twist like telling it "where" to unzip the files you come up with your current problem, which is very common by the way so don't feel bad.

You have to have the CODE folder with child folders libnerdkits and your projects.

So I use D:\Nerdkits\Code\initialload for the initial load project.

The Code folder has to have the libnerdkits and the projects (initialload) folders.

Sometimes it is easiest to just download the Nerdkits download and start over!

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that multiple MOSFETs can be used in parallel to switch bigger currents on and off? Learn more...