NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » OSX Lion PL2303 update?

December 30, 2011
by sockcymbal

So the Chinese company that apparently wrote the drivers for the usb-serial adapter might be out of business, and therefore, this link that everyone's been using recently for Lion drivers doesn't load (http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/files//IO%20Cable/PL-2303/Drivers%20-%20Generic/MacOS/MacOS%2010.x/md_PL2303_MacOSX10.6_dmg_v1.4.0.zip)

Does anybody know of another location I can download this driver? Thanks!

December 31, 2011
by Ralphxyz

sockcymbal that link works for me!!

Ralph

December 31, 2011
by sockcymbal

Interesting...ok, I guess it has just been down for the past few days then. I was told by the Prolific people that the Chinese company (prolific.com.tw) has gone out of business, so that link might not be a good permanent source for this file. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

January 21, 2012
by kyancey

I can tell you that since installing the version on Nerd Kits website, my Lion install started crashing constantly. I had to uninstall and install the version from the above website.

January 22, 2012
by kyancey

I may be wrong about that. Lion seems to have some freezing problems that everyone is complaining about. I noticed the problem after installing the drivers, but it's happened after I uninstalled them. My current hypothesis is that it has to do with the hard drive being put to sleep.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that one NerdKits customer controlled a laser pointer with his computer using a microcontroller? Learn more...