NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » LED test file load error

December 07, 2011
by topklassent

i try to load the ledarray_test make and it gives me the error message " avrdude: error: selected device is not supported by programmer: m168 make: *** [ledarray-upload] Error 1

December 08, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi topklassent,

Could you post up a screenshot of the error message, just so we can see the whole context in which the error is occurring. Just by your snippet it seems to me you probably added an extra line break or removed a necessary piece of your makefile when editing your COM port.

Humberto

December 08, 2011
by topklassent

Alt Text

December 08, 2011
by Ralphxyz

topklassent. try removing that / before COM1!

Just use COM1 in your makefile.

If that does not work please post your make file, use the Indent Selection as Code Block so that we can read it.

Ralph

December 09, 2011
by topklassent

GCCFLAGS=-g -Os -Wall -mmcu=atmega168 LINKFLAGS=-Wl,-u,vfprintf -lprintf_flt -Wl,-u,vfscanf -lscanf_flt -lm AVRDUDEFLAGS=-c avr910 -p m168 -b 115200 -P COM1 LINKOBJECTS=../libnerdkits/delay.o ../libnerdkits/lcd.o ../libnerdkits/uart.o

all: ledarray-upload

ledarray.hex: ledarray.c make -C ../libnerdkits avr-gcc ${GCCFLAGS} ${LINKFLAGS} -o ledarray.o ledarray.c ${LINKOBJECTS} avr-objcopy -j .text -O ihex ledarray.o ledarray.hex

ledarray.ass: ledarray.hex avr-objdump -S -d ledarray.o > ledarray.ass

ledarray-upload: ledarray.hex avrdude ${AVRDUDEFLAGS} -U flash:w:ledarray.hex:a

December 09, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi topklassent,

Did you change the -c directive from the one we provide in the LED Array kit makefiles? I believe you want -c avr109.

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can use a transistor to interface between different voltage levels of digital logic? Learn more...