NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » reseting my program

November 10, 2011
by Heed

I manage 2 compile and run my 1st program Titled "Compile and Install yur first program" afterward i took a break and unplugged my USB cable...once i replugged it back into the drive my "COM" changed from COM5 to COM4

so i went back into the makefile and changed the program from COM5 to COM4 but the program will not run the response im getting is

avrdude -c avr109 -p m168 -b 115200 -p COM5 -U flash:w:initialload.hex:a avrdude: ser_open<>: can't open device "COM5": The system cannot find the file specified make*** [initialload-upload] Error 1

What am i doin wrong??

November 10, 2011
by Heed

my com changed again...this is the Makefile that i edited

GCCFLAGS=-g -Os -Wall -mmcu=atmega168 LINKFLAGS=-Wl,-u,vfprintf -lprintf_flt -Wl,-u,vfscanf -lscanf_flt -lm AVRDUDEFLAGS=-c avr109 -p m168 -b 115200 -P COM3 LINKOBJECTS=../libnerdkits/delay.o ../libnerdkits/lcd.o ../libnerdkits/uart.o

all: initialload-upload

initialload.hex: initialload.c make -C ../libnerdkits avr-gcc ${GCCFLAGS} ${LINKFLAGS} -o initialload.o initialload.c ${LINKOBJECTS} avr-objcopy -j .text -O ihex initialload.o initialload.hex

initialload.ass: initialload.hex avr-objdump -S -d initialload.o > initialload.ass

initialload-upload: initialload.hex avrdude ${AVRDUDEFLAGS} -U flash:w:initialload.hex:a

is there a mistake that ive made in the file...???

November 10, 2011
by treymd

Your COM port will change when you unplug the TTL cable, sometimes it makes sense (different ports) and sometimes it doesn't seem to make sense which port windows chooses at all. In either event, dealing with it is simple. on the GCCFlags line of the makefile, just make sure that the current COM port is after the -P switch. That is all you need to change.

November 10, 2011
by Heed

ive changed that but when i try 2 run the program its still reading as if i didnt change it so its registering as if i never changed anything

November 10, 2011
by Heed

its weird the file doesnt seem 2 change even when i change it and save it...so i unplugged the cable and replugged it until it changed abd registered back 2 com5 and now it works =/

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build a circuit to convert the "dit" and "dah" of Morse code back into letters automatically? Learn more...