NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » "Butterfly" error

October 15, 2011
by SirHobbes3

Hello NerdKits community, I am building the ledarray and have been working on the ledarray educational code, i have that done, (i think, i no longer recieve and errors othere than...) but when i try to flash over the code, i get the following...

avrdude -c avr109 -p m168 -b 115200 -P COM5 -U flash:w:ledarray.hex:a

Connecting to programmer:
Found programmer : Id = "Ỷӳ""; type= '
    Software Version=  "". ""; Hardware Version = "". ""
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supoorted. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
make.exe *** [ledarray-upload] Error 1
October 16, 2011
by Rick_S

If you check the Library or search the forum, you'd find that the "butterfly error" is probably one of the most common errors asked about. Essentially what it boils down to is that the PC and micro are not talking to one another. There are MANY possible causes. Here is a LINK to the NK Library page discussing it.

1st step though is to check all connections between the PC and micro. Make sure your COM port you selected is in fact the NK Dongle. Make sure your program switch is in the correct position.

If you go through all the paces and still can't seem to get it to work, take a few good overhead shots of your circuit and post them. Maybe some extra eyes can help you see something you may be overlooking.

Rick

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that spinning a permanent magnet motor makes a voltage? Learn more...