NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Problems with Windows 7

October 07, 2011
by nickfischer

I am stuck loading the first program into the chip and this is what i am getting in cmd:

Connecting to programmer: . Found programmer: ID ' "(always weird different symbos here)"; type = (anoth weird different sybol here) avrdud: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but AVR910 device? make: *** [initialload-upload] error 1

ive checked my circuitry countless times, everything seems to be plugged in correctly nothing loose and my switch is in the right position

October 07, 2011
by nickfischer

i definitely posted this in the wrong sections.. Sorry

October 08, 2011
by Rick_S

Can you post a photo so we can see the wiring? This is the most common error people have when starting out. There is a link in the Library for it ( http://www.nerdkits.com/library/butterfly/ ) not to mentions several posts here in the forum. You could probably find them with a search for butterfly in the search box at the top of the page.

The photo helps us help you better by placing extra eyes on your setup.

Rick

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a motor's no-load current at a given voltage is much less than it's resistance would suggest? Learn more...