NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Games to learn programming

September 19, 2011
by rdalton

I've read through several text books but, I'll admit, it's hard to put the text to practice.

Does anyone know of any games to help learn programming? I'm thinking of maybe something like Impossible Machines or Lego design. Even just a simulator with puzzles (get this value by the end of the code).

I've tried doing a search but when i put in "learn programming game" I get all kinds of hits about programming games. Not games about learning programming.

Thanks. P.S. I'm also putting the same question in the electronics section about Games that teach electronics so if you know any of those, please feel free to respond there.

September 22, 2011
by BobaMosfet

I listed on, in this thread (It's the best one I know!):

http://www.nerdkits.com/forum/thread/1810/#post13879

BM

September 22, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi rdalton,

I have not tried this myself, but I have heard good things about Rur-ple. Its Python, so there would still be a fair amount of transitioning from that to C; but many of the programming ideas to transfer.

Humberto

September 23, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Thanks Humberto, I am just started down the road to learning Python beyond the simple copy paste methods I have used so far.

I think Rur-ple will be an interesting way of learning Python. It "appears" to be comprehensive but we will see. I have not had good luck with web based learning beyond various forums such as at Nerdkit's.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits believes in the importance of a mixture of meaningful topics, clear instruction, and engaging projects? Learn more...