NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » Access Facebook or Tweeter

May 24, 2011
by kle8309

Does anyone have any idea how to connect to facebook or tweeter via visual c++.

I would like to remotely connect to an account and update a message with a

gui similar to how a phone would.

May 24, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

I'm certainly no expert in either of these APIs, but from my understanding they both work in a similar way. Basically you hit one of their API URLs with some parameters, and their service sends back a response (usually JSON object) with the information you requested. You can hit the publicly available nodes of their api from any browser, for example this is what an application will get back when you query the facebook graph API for the CocaCola group https://graph.facebook.com/cocacola. There are tons of ways to query different parts of the "social graph" using their API which is quite well documented in the Facebook Open Graph API. What is neat about this approach is that it is programming language independent. All you need to know how to do is do a URL request and then parse the incoming JSON object.

If you need to start doing authentication stuff it can get trickier, but its possible.

Humberto

August 01, 2011
by kle8309

OK, I finally got around and learned how to tweet from a C# application. The example I

found is from this link

This will open up a whole new world for me. I will be able to integrate the NK to a very

popular social media!

Just imagine an autonomous robot sending a wireless signal to the NK (which I have

already worked on). Then the NK will

send data over the UART protocal to my laptop. Finally, my labtop will update the

robot's status over Twitter!

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that signed numbers need to be sign-extended when chaging variable sizes? Learn more...