NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Nerdkits libraries

May 16, 2011
by bkr1969

I'm looking at the code for the projects and see the includes for the nerdkit specific libraries. I'm actually programming on a MAC using Eclipse through a USBTiny ISP. I would assume those libraries have to be installed on my system somewhere for the code to use them. Where do I find them and how/where do I install them?

May 16, 2011
by Ralphxyz

They are in the Nerdkit's download.

Ralph

May 16, 2011
by bkr1969

Found them. Do they need to go in a specific directory? I'm on a MAC.

May 16, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi bkr1969,

Since you are trying to program over Eclipse things can get a bit tricky. My bet is you are using some ant build script that has the paths for your project in it somewhere. You should be able to point those to the libnerdkits folder and then make sure you have your includes correct. The other option is to just dump both the .c files and .h files into the same directory as the code, then update the includes accordingly.

Humberto

May 16, 2011
by bkr1969

Thanks. You are right about the .ant. I will copy the necessary libraries into my project folders as you suggested. Thanks for the help.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a motor is harder to turn when its terminals are shorted together? Learn more...