NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » nrf2401+ cheap wireless communication

May 16, 2011
by kle8309

I bought a couple of these modules ebay link for $12 on eBay a while a ago and found a few library to work them.(I thought about buying the xbee but they were too expensive for me $22 each)

These are the links I found helpful (by priority):

dangerousprototypes.com

tinkerer.eu

iteadstudio.com for arduino

mbed.org

satistronics.com

after changing some of the pin def I was able to get it working for a short period. But after doodling with the code for a while I began to lose track of the working code. I believe timing issues were involved.

I will keep updating on my project getting these modules to work with my atmega328P

Please comment if you have any ideas or suggestions.

June 07, 2011
by Rick_S

I have a couple of those as well -- just haven't played with them yet. Sparkfun seems to have code for them on their site for avr's for the Key FOB they sell. They have transmitter software for the FOB and sample receiver software.

I also found in the RC airplane world, I have a transmitter/receiver pair made by Tactic(TTX440) that came with a plane of mine. I was curious about them and opened it up. Much to my surprise they consisted of an atmega48 microcontroller and NRF2401+ wireless. So now I really want to learn these. It would be cool to reprogram the transmitter or make a custom receiver for the transmitter as it is.

Rick

June 07, 2011
by Rick_S

Thought I'd post some photo's of the inside of the transmitter and receiver.

First the Receiver: A 3.3v Regulator, ATmega48, and NRF2401+.

Photo

Then a couple of the transmitter's board - It's a bit bigger with switches, led's, and some pots for the RC Gimbals (joysticks) But still controlled with an atmega48 and NRF2401+

TX

TX

Looks very hackable if I can figure out the Radio chip.

Rick

June 10, 2011
by Rick_S

Kelvin,

Did you by any chance mess around with the radio units any more???

June 12, 2011
by kle8309

Rick,

I haven't got the chance to work on those rf modules yet.

I have putted that project on the back-burner since I found a replacement from

sureelectronics.net which is MUCH easier to work with. The range is great too!

I understand you wanted to hack the controller but yeah I just don't have the time

right now to work on them yet.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can impress a loved one with a digitally-controlled Valentine's Day Card with randomly twinkling LEDs? Learn more...