NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Stuck to a desk

May 10, 2011
by Chase

I was using my nerdkit and i kept having it move so i realized that there was a glue type solution of the bottom so i popped it on my very expensive desk. Now i was trying to take it back off and i saw that it was stuck very well, if anyone know a solvent to get it off please respond :)

May 10, 2011
by missle3944

Hi Chase,

I would use a knife and cut the foam off the board by just cutting into the foam.

-missle3944

May 10, 2011
by BobaMosfet

You might try GooGone. That's what it's for. Test somewhere unobtrusive on the desk first, to make sure it doesn't strip the finish.

BM

May 11, 2011
by Chase

I would cut into the foam but then i just have a layer of foam on the desk which in my reality is more annoying but thanks for the help and i was also thinking gooGone

May 11, 2011
by Rick_S

One thing I can say from experience. Be careful. The foam is also attached to all the metal contacts inside the breadboard and they have a tendacy to come out if the foam comes off the back. I don't think they were inteded to be removed once stuck in place :D.

Rick

May 11, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Heat from a hair dryer might help lift the foam, you would still need googone to remove the residue.

Ralph

May 11, 2011
by mongo

If it's that pressure sensitive foam tape stuff, you can rub it off with your thumb and a little patience. It rolls up into little gobs and comes off that way.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that one NerdKits customer controlled a laser pointer with his computer using a microcontroller? Learn more...