NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Tv Comercials

July 08, 2009
by sgmaniac1255

that was cool, around 7:35pm (-6:00 GMT) i saw a commercial for the Nerdkits on The Discovery Channel. im glad to see they are doing well enough to get a prime time commercial.

July 09, 2009
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi sgmaniac1255,

Yeah, we are experimenting with TV ads. You can watch our ad here. What show was on when it appeared? I'm curious because I still haven't personally seen it on TV yet!

Mike

July 09, 2009
by sgmaniac1255

it was on ether during "Mythbusters", or "One Way Out" but i can't remember which. i really wasn't watching the TV it was just on in the background while i was playing online. But i know it was one of those because they are all that's been on today

as for the first commercial, i really don't remember what show was on, or what channel was on, it was late and i was half asleep. i didn't even get all the commercial, just the website and thought it was really cool. i checked it out and the rest is sitting next to me proudly doing math by dip switches (until i get my Instrument Tuner working any way)

July 09, 2009
by sgmaniac1255

im sory, i stand corrected, i just looked up the Listings for the time i saw the commercial, and "How its Made" was on at that time

August 19, 2009
by Nerdful_com

Pretty cool. How much does it cost to run an ad just one time (I can make my own commercial)? I have a site I would like to advertise some day.

August 19, 2009
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

The ads are in the range of $1.50-$2.50 CPM (which means per thousand households), so a typical Mythbusters run might cost $200 or so! The Adwords interface isn't really set up to do a "one-time run" but you can set max CPM and max $/day.

Mike

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can connect a pushbutton to a microcontroller with only one wire? Learn more...