NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Need Help with AVRMacPack

May 05, 2011
by jkoppp

I have installed AVRMacPack twice and cannot find it so i tried to use terminal to find it and it said the specified path could not be found.

May 06, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Hi jkoppp, [quote]I have installed AVRMacPack twice and cannot find it ... [/quote]

What are you trying to do?

I have the AVRMacPack "installed" but I also can literally "find" it on my Mac mini OS X 10.6.7.

Spotlight just returns references in documents from Nerdkits.

Are you able to connect and compile programs?

Ralph

May 06, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Oops, that was supposed to be [quote]I also can not literally "find" it...[/quote]

It sure would be nice to have a edit facility.

Ralph

May 06, 2011
by jkoppp

how do I write code. I am used to using dev c++ for windows with which you can write code and compile it in the program so im not used to programming on a mac

May 06, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Technically you can use any Text editor on your Mac. You have to make sure it does not do anything at the the end of line.

Best to select Unix end of line option.

Or you can use Xcode, you might have to download Xcode from Apple.

Xcode is the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for developing applications for the iPhone, iPad and Apple computers.

You would use Xcode as a text editor, you would not use it's Project functions or all of it's bells and whistles.

There also should be "Text Edit" on your Mac you can use this but it does not do sytax highlighting (coloring).

There are lots of Editors like "TextWrangler" you can download from the Internet which do syntax highlighting.

I have not found a integrated environment for AVR program development like dev c++ for windows, or Visual Studioso you use a editor to write your code and then use a Makefile from a command line to load it onto your mcu.

Xcode is the equivalent of Visual Studio for the Mac environment.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can control 120 LEDs with just 17 microcontroller pins? Learn more...