NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Time.h

April 07, 2011
by hariharan

hey, when i was playing around with the nerdkits, i came across a "include" file called time.h. will i be able to use it with the nerdkits?

April 07, 2011
by bretm

That's impossible to say without knowing what it contains. If it contains C source code intended for the avr-gcc compiler and does not need any additional files (such as time.c) then it would probably compile and could be incorporated into a program used in a Nerdkits project.

What is it?

June 23, 2011
by JamesR

Yeah, I found it too. It's in the WinAVR package on the download page. WinAVRavr32includetime.h, and there's another copy at WinAVRavr32sys-includetime.h. There are some .o files in WinAVRavr32lib, but none called time.o. The .h file just defines a bunch of external functions, so a .c or .o will be needed.

I haven't been able to get it to work yet, but I've just started looking at it. Here's hoping.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that signed numbers need to be sign-extended when chaging variable sizes? Learn more...